The 808® Bowfisher is available in two models spooled with either 80lb. Dacron bow fishing line or 200lb. braided bow fishing line for the biggest monsters out there!
WARNING: Improper use of this reel can result in serious injury or death.
We recommend that you use a cable or slide system when attaching the line to the arrow. The most hazardous snap-back can occur when fishing line is tied to the tail of an arrow. Snap-back is a condition that can happen when, as the bowstring is released, a trailing loop of line can tangle with the bowstring, cabling, arrow rest, or other items which can result in serious injury or death. Minimize the amount of slack in your line before shooting an arrow. Greater slack in the line increases chance of snap-back of an arrow.
• ALWAYS press Thumb Button on reel to release the line pick-up pins before shooting.
• ALWAYS check to see that line is not tangled.
• ALWAYS check line for cuts or wear. If the line breaks, you cannot control the path of the arrow.
• ALWAYS wet line before firing first shot.
• ALWAYS wear eye protection.
• DO NOT aim at other people, and keep arrows away from children.
We strongly recommend that you take a bowfishing safety course before going bowfishing or contact your local archery shop with bowfishing expertise.
Bowfishing Association of America: www.bowfishingassociation.com
National Bowhunter Education Program: www.nbef.org
National Bowhunter Education Foundation: www.bowhunter-ed.com
See Product Features